If you’re a Dr. Seuss fan and love cupcakes, you’re guaranteed to love these super easy Lorax inspired mustache cupcakes. They are a perfect way to celebrate National Read Across America Day and the birthday of Dr. Seuss!
If you have the right tools, these super cute cupcakes couldn’t be easier. Bake a batch (or two) of your favorite cupcakes, top with orange icing and some super cute Lorax inspired mustache molded chocolates and your Dr. Seuss fans will go wild!
BUT, be sure to plan ahead. If you don’t already own a cupcake-sized mustache candy mold, this is the one we use: Mustache Candy Mold. You can pick it up on Amazon for less than $10 and is available for Amazon Prime shipping.
Once you gathered everything you need and your mold is clean and dry, start by melting your chocolate discs (in batches) according to the package instructions.
Next, spoon into your molds being careful not to over or underfill each mustache shape, but allow a small amount to create a stick for the candy. Tap the mold on your counter gently to remove any air bubbles left in the chocolates.
Let harden for about 1 hour, then pop out the candy and repeat to make enough candies for all of your cupcakes.
Once your mustache chocolates are ready, add the orange coloring to your white icing and mix well. To keep things super easy, we used premade icing, but you can use homemade buttercream icing if you have more time.
Next, add the icing to a piping bag or large baggie, snip the tip to about 1/2 inches and frost your cupcakes in a circular motion.
Add your Lorax inspired mustache candies and enjoy!
Dr. Seuss The Lorax Inspired Mustache Cupcakes
- Baked Cupcakes
- White Frosting
- Yellow Chocolate Discs
- Orange Food Coloring
- Mustache Candy Mold
- Gather everything you need, including your favorite prebaked cupcakes.
- Starting with clean, dry mustache candy molds, melt your yellow chocolate discs according to the package instructions.
- Once melted, spoon your chocolate into your mustache candy mold and tap the mold on your counter or solid surface to remove any air bubbles.
- Let your candies harden for about 1 hour before popping the candy from the mold.
- Then repeat until you have enough chocolates for your cupcakes.
- Prepare your orange icing by mixing food coloring into your white icing until you've reached the color you choose.
- Once well mixed, add your orange icing to a piping bag or large plastic baggie. Snip the end of the bag to about 1/2 inch and frost your cupcakes in a circular motion.
- Add the Lorax inspired mustache chocolate candies and serve.
? Don’t forget to Pin it!