What’s better than marshmallows and crispy rice? Crispy rice, marshmallows with cherry Jell-O and tiny heart sprinkles! Our delicious Valentine’s Day Cherry Rice Krispies Treats look incredible, smell amazing, and are sure to be a huge hit with the whole family!
Rice Krispies Treats are a quick and easy dessert and these are no exception. Once you’ve gathered your ingredients and are ready to get started, this recipe takes only a few more steps to make basic treats into something incredible!
This recipe works best on the stovetop using a large pan. The first step is to slowly melt the butter. Next, stir in your marshmellows until they are combined and smooth.
Once your marshmallows are fully melted, remove the pan from the heat, add the Jell-O and Rice Krispies and stir until well combined. Then gently pat the mixture into your well-greased pan with a large mixing spoon or spatula.
Note: We’ve added cherry Jell-O to these treats, but if your family loves strawberry or raspberry, you can easily substitute any flavor Jell-O you prefer and they’ll taste just as wonderful!
After your treats have fully cooled, melt your Wilton Candy Melts according to the package directions. Next drizzle the candy over your treats with a spoon or a piping bag, then quickly add your sprinkles before the candy sets.
Once the candy has set, your treats are ready to be cut into squares, rectangles or heart shapes using your favorite cookie cutter. Enjoy!!
Valentine's Day Cherry Rice Krispies Treats
- 6 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 10 oz Bag Mini Marshmallows (any brand)
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 Cup Each Wilton Candy Melts in Pink & White
- Valentine Sprinkles
- In a large pan, melt the butter on the stovetop.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until smooth, then remove from the heat.
- Add the Jell-O and mix well.
- Add the Rice Krispies and mix until fully combined.
- Pat the mixture into a well greased 9x13 pan with a large spoon or spatula.
- Once the treats are cool, melt your Wilton Candy Melts according to the package directions and drizzle over the treats with a spoon or piping bags.
- Immediately add the sprinkles before the chocolate sets.
- Let the chocolate set then cut the treats into squares, rectangles or use cookie cutters to cut into heart shapes. Enjoy!
? Don’t forget to Pin it!